Pastoral Team Member (Youth)
Christ Methodist Church is looking for an energetic Pastoral Team member overseeing Youth Ministry who is passionate about nurturing, equipping and building youths (aged 13-21) into life-long disciples of Christ. Being part of the ministry team, you will be working closely with the overseeing Pastor to steer, direct, grow and develop the Youth Ministry and see Youths transformed. Key administrative and ministerial responsibilities include, but not limited to, providing theologically sound biblical teaching primarily to youths up to tertiary, leading small and large group sessions, and coordinating virtual and in-person events.
- Provide pastoral care, leadership, and discipleship for the Youth Ministry.
- Plan, coordinate, and lead youth events and programmes, including:
- Discipleship & Nurture (from new believers to matured youth leaders)
- Teaching & preaching (as and when required)
- Counselling, mentoring & befriending
- Fellowship, outreach events & camps
- Planning & execution of weekly youth service
- Youth-specific outreach events and mission trips
- Provide administrative support for the ministry, regular correspondences to youth, families and volunteers and youth calendar updates
- Supervisory of program coordinators and volunteers in relation to ministry events.
- Recruitment, engagement, and relationship development with volunteers, youths and their families.
- Participate and collaborate in CMC’s staff meetings, trainings, and events.
- Alignment with the doctrinal articles of religion and the general rules of the Methodist Church (as contained in the Book of Discipline of the Methodist Church in Singapore) and its Social Principles.
- A team player with a positive attitude who can adapt and thrive in a dynamic organizational environment, whilst striving for continuous improvement through evaluation and feedback.
- Meticulous and conscientious in nature, with the ability to work with confidential information and maintain a high standard of honesty and integrity.
- Ability and willingness to work nontraditional schedules which includes evenings and weekends.
- Keen passion for growing in theological knowledge, and in understanding of contemporary youth culture to better support the Youth Ministry.
Skills and Experience
- Have relevant theological studies, qualifications and/or experience in similar capacities.
- Excellent communication, service, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability in teaching the Bible and Christian discipleship to youths and young adults.
- Demonstrated ability to creatively plan and execute programs and events with strong time management & relational skills.
Please send resume including salary expectation to:
Christ Methodist Church
597 East Coast Road, Singapore 429082
or email to [email protected]
Closing date for application: 31 Oct 2023
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.